Join The Winning Team
NIIRTA is Northern Ireland's only locally based retail and wholesale business organisation which provides professional advice and gives a voice to the independent sector at the NI Assembly and Westminster.
Our 1300 members include wholesalers, independent retailers of all kinds, suppliers to our sector and affiliated Chambers of Commerce and local Traders' Groups. We are passionate about campaigning on the future of our town and city centre and ensuring that our independent retail sector gets a fair deal. If you supply to the independent retail or wholesale sector then we can help you promote your goods and services to our members. No other business group is as dedicated to putting the local retailer first.
How Can We Help Your Business?
- NIIRTA Advice Line: providing help on rates, planning, employment, law and many other issues that impact upon your business.
- Free subscription to NIIRTA News Magazine.
- Supplier members are entitled to free advertising in NIIRTA News which has a readership of over 3000.
- Networking events with leading political leaders and policy makers.
- Ensuring your voice is heard at Local Councils, Stormont, Westminster and European Parliament.
- Support local suppliers in developing new routes to market.
"I have been to a number of NIIRTA's networking events which have all been very professionally organised. NIIRTA is amongst the most effective business organisations in Northern Ireland and gets things done for independent traders and local town centres". Richard Acheson, MD of Jeanius Menswear, Limavady.
What We Have Achieved And What We Are Campaigning For
- Successfully lobbied for the proposed additional on street car parking charges to be reversed.
- Led the campaign for Small Business Rate Relief scheme to be extended to 6000 more small businesses and shops.
- A first year 50% rates holiday for new retailers taking up empty units.
- Dropping of Planning Policy Statement 24 which would have given the green light to even more out of town retail superstores.
- Published a detailed policy manifesto, "Programme For Prosperity".